Dr. Yalena Deshko
Top 9 Vitamins for Healthy Skin
Vitamin & Skin Health
Your skin is a direct reflection of your health. Therefore, it’s necessary you get the right vitamins and other nutrients in order to achieve the healthy, glowing, youthful skin of your dreams. Toronto isn’t necessarily the best environment for skin health. The extremes of the cold, dry Winters and hot, humid Summer make it difficult to get the right amounts of Vitamin D from the sun. And the shortage of healthy, local, organic fresh fruits and vegetables on a year-round basis make it difficult to get the quality nutrients through food. You can supplement orally, but this method is less effective than intravenous IV vitamin therapy.
No matter how you choose to get your supplements, look out for these 9 vitamins for skin health.
Top 9 Vitamins for Skin Health
1. Vitamin D: Our skin has the ability to synthesize vitamin D from sunlight, allowing us to obtain it naturally. Unfortunately, Toronto doesn’t always get much sunlight which can lead to vitamin D deficiency. According to research studies, vitamin D deficiency is strongly linked to acne. This is stated to occur because the vitamin plays a major role in fighting infections. Vitamin D3 has also been used to treat various skin conditions, including psoriasis.
2. Vitamin A: Retinoid, a type of A vitamin, is efficient in treating wrinkles, acne and rough skin.
3. Vitamin C: Vitamin C has a surplus of benefits. When it comes to vitamins for skin health vitamin C helps protect against UV light damage, can reverse the signs of hyperpigmentation and aids in creating collagen, a type of connective tissue that keeps skin firm. Similar to vitamin A it can also decrease skin roughness and is known to reduce wrinkles in two weeks.
4. Vitamin E: This vitamin is popularly known for getting rid of acne. Whether it is taken via IV therapy or orally or applied directly to the skin this vitamin is proven to help prevent the development of acne.
5. Vitamin K: When it comes to circulatory problems vitamin K helps to reduce the appearance problems that come with the issue. Proven to eliminate dark circles, spider veins, stretch marks and scars, this vitamin for skin health can be obtained through eating plenty of cabbage, liver and kale.
6. Vitamin B3: Also known as nicotinamide, topically applied the vitamin is an effective skin whitener and significantly reduces the appearance of aged skin. It’s aid in moisture retention in the skin is known for uncovering your skin’s natural glow.
7. Vitamin B5: Similar to B3, vitamin B5 is important in skin hydration, with some believing it provides some of the best skin hydration. Its ability to prevent skin water loss and improve skin barrier function makes vitamin B5 a top vitamin for skin health.
8. Folic Acid: Folic acid is important for the creation of new cells which is vital for skin health and appearance. According to a study released in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, topical application of folic acid and creatine can improve the firmness of skin by boosting collagen synthesis.
9. Choline: Skin cell membranes make up our protective barrier to the world and choline plays a vital role in them.
Bonus: Glutathione: A bonus for skin health is the naturally occurring antioxidant, Glutathione. It is considered a natural solution for whitening skin, inhibiting melanin formation.
Reduces excess pigmentation
Improves skin texture
Evens-out skin tone
Creates a bright, glowing complexion
Fight the signs of aging
Supports liver detoxification
Vitamins for Skin via IV Vitamin Therapy in Toronto
The most effective way to make sure you get the right dose of vitamins delivered directly to your blood system is through IV vitamin therapy. Discover the benefits at our downtown Toronto IV therapy clinic.