Iscador Mistletoe Therapy
Mistletoe therapy is one of the most potent cancer therapies offered at Timeless Health Clinic. This treatment has been used for almost 100 years in Germany and throughout other parts of Europe. It is only now beginning to gain some attention in North America in part due to its use by Suzanne Somers for her successful breast cancer treatment. Among the integrative therapies offered by our Naturopathic Doctors, mistletoe has the most scientific literature and studies supporting its use.
Mistletoe is a herbal extract that is injected subcutaneously. When incorporated as part of a comprehensive integrated cancer treatment strategy, mistletoe therapy has the following benefits:
- direct toxic effects on various cancer cell types
- inhibition of tumour growth and metastases
- helps increase tolerance of conventional chemotherapeutic agents resulting in a significant decrease in side effects (less pain, nausea, neuropathy, fatigue, low blood counts)
- improves immune system function
- reduce the risk of distant metastases and growth